The Thai-Norwegian Chamber of Commerce is looking for a new Executive Director.
The Thai-Norwegian Chamber of Commerce (TNCC) was established in 1996 with the aim of facilitating trade and investment between Thailand and Norway. The Chamber provides members with a forum to improve business conditions and opportunities as well as creating venues and channels for exchange and sharing of information. The office is co-located with Innovation Norway and is centrally located in Bangkok CBD area, adjacent to Ploenchit BTS station.
We are looking for an extrovert and service-minded person who can conduct herself/himself professionally with any group of people. The successful candidate is business minded and knows how business is conducted in Thailand.
The Chamber can offer an exciting job with a variety of work tasks. The successful candidate will get invaluable international work experience and will be able to build a professional and social network.
The Executive Director runs a small office and reports to the President of the Thai-Norwegian Chamber of Commerce.
The Executive Director oversees all Chamber activities including:
- Leadership, planning, organisation and control
- Overall performance and economic result. The economic result shall be co-ordinated with the outsourced accounting function and the treasurer
- Responsibility for Budget and Business Plan as well as AGM presentations, both visual and financial versions
- Personnel responsibility for Chamber Secretary
- Event management of the Chamber’s own events as well as events run in co-operation with other organisations
- Attend meetings and represent the Chamber in the umbrella organisation Joint Foreign Chambers of Commerce in Thailand (JFCCT) as well as attend government meetings and seminars that are of importance to the Chamber
- Overall responsibility for advertising on the Chamber’s website as well as in Norway-Asia Business Review, the joint publication of the Norwegian Chambers of Commerce in Asia
- Generate income for the Chamber by soliciting sponsors
- Agenda and minutes from Board Meetings and follow-up
We are looking for a person with the following skills:
- Ability to represent the Chamber in an international context and in international fora
- Energetic, enthusiastic, pleasant personality, self-motivated and service minded, good communicator
- Excellent command of spoken and written English. Norwegian and/or Thai language skills are advantageous, but not a requirement
- Good computer skills (MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Visa and Work Permit will be provided by the Chamber
Send your application including a recent résumé by e-mail to email@example.com by Monday, 5 September 2016